Note these documents are subject to update, this one was last edited 04/26/2014
Part 5: Configuring Apache
- Note that many things in this Apache configuration and later WordPress are dependent on configurations in previous parts of this series.
- # cp -a /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.orig
- I would just download this httpd.conf, you will see it is well documented when changed from original by #Change added tag and you can easily compare diffences from your original httpd.conf
httpd.conf unavailable currently
- # mkdir /www/yourdomain.com
- # chown apache /www/yourdomain.com
- # chkconfig httpd on
- # service httpd start
- Fire up Firefox and browse your server, you should get the Apache Test Page.
- # cat >> /www/yourdomain.com/index.html
- Then ctrl-d on a blank line to end and save file.
- # service httpd restart
- Browse your server again and you should see a blank page with hello!
- OK Configuring Apache is done for now but I do expect to update this substantially over time so be sure and check back. There are also still important configurations and setting up WordPress so please continue to Part 6.
If you have any questions or suggestions don’t hesitate to reach out to me!